SECTION III: MEMBERSHIP IN THE SCHOOL
All applicants must complete the prescribed format.
Membership consists of all School Board Officers, Staff, Alumni and active Students.
The School may make a limited number of appointments in the following categories: Fellow, Corresponding Member and Associate.
The School, upon receipt of acceptable testimonials from persons of good standing, may confer affiliate membership.
Associate membership may be conferred by the School upon those who have made a notable contribution to the advancement of theological education.
Corresponding membership is conferred upon all students enrolled in a course. Corporate membership shall be open to such institutions as the Executive Council shall decide.
The Executive Council for admission to the grade of Fellow may consider associates of five years' standing. The grade of Fellow may be conferred by the School upon those who have made a distinguished contribution to the advancement of Meister Eckhart Divinity School.
A member desiring to terminate his or her membership shall do so by a letter of resignation, which shall be communicated to the Registrar or Secretary.
Members of the School whose dues are not in arrears shall enjoy the following privileges:
* They shall be eligible to apply to undertake courses of study for which they are qualified.
* They shall be eligible for appointment as Proctors for Examinations.
* They shall be eligible for appointment as Board members of the School.
* They shall receive a diploma evidencing membership under the Seal of the Corporation.
* They shall be entitled to wear prescribed academic dress and insignia.
* They shall receive the Newsletters (as published) and occasional other publications.
* They shall be entitled to attend Seminars of the School.
* They shall be entitled to compete without distinction for Medals & Prizes offered by the School.
Members of the School are eligible for appointment to certain offices within the School.